Unlike most website privacy policies, this policy mostly addresses the privacy of congregational information, not information from website visitors. We do not collect any individually identifiable information from website visitors. No visitor information is given or sold to others.
We have several groups of people that might be listed or referred to; staff, adult members, and youth. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For staff, we list names, email addresses (usually office emails), and office phone numbers. No home or cell phones, etc.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity included on the website. We do not list email addresses or phone numbers unless they have specifically given permission. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers.
- For youth and children, we generally do not list full names, but at most the first name and initial of the last name. We also do not list email addresses or phone numbers for youth. Photo captions do not include full names and often do not include names at all.
Specific guidelines for directory information and photos are:
- Member Directory. St. Jude's has a printed member and ministry directory with names, phone numbers, addresses, and emails which is only available to members and friends of St. Jude's. It is periodically distributed in print at the church. To request a copy or to add your information to this directory, contact the office. Online directory information is password protected. Directory users agree not to use directory information for commercial or political purposes.
Photos. When posting photos of St. Jude's events or members online, either directly on the website or the St. Jude's Facebook page, we use the following guidelines. Any member can post photos to our Facebook page, so this policy is a guideline we request that all members follow when posting pictures from St. Jude's events.
- Including photos on our site or Facebook page is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it.
- Photos are almost always of people in public spaces, at public events.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo. If we know someone is shy about such things, we ask them before posting the photo.
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request.
In any case, if you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, we would be glad to do so. Just notify the webmaster with the details.
Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith, you are welcome here.