We are making an impact in the world through service and joyfully sharing our financial, property, and other resources.
Pledges and Donation Opportunities
Our Financial Promise/Pledge Season gives us an annual opportunity to reflect and name our shared mission and ministry aspirations for the upcoming calendar year. This season also gives households an opportunity to reflect upon and promise, as each are able, to support our shared mission and ministry. This season runs 4-6 weeks each fall, and then based upon pledges received, the Vestry creates and presents a balanced budget to St. Jude’s at the Annual Parish Meeting in January.
For those who pledged in 2019, Thank You!
Click here if you would still like to make an annual, tax deductible pledge to St. Jude’s mission and ministry.
To make a one-time donation to St. Jude’s, click here. Contact the office if you wish to make a donation of stock.
Social Justice and Outreach
St. Jude’s Social Justice and Outreach ministry exists to inspire, support and sustain parishioners as we all work towards our Mission Covenant goals to live as disciples of Christ in the modern world and to share our abundance joyfully.
We educate ourselves and our parish about the needs of overlooked and under-served people locally, regionally and globally. We identify actions that will make an impact on those needs and that our parish can sustain.
See the Weekly Announcements for upcoming service opportunities and opportunities to give to urgent needs in the world.
Our ongoing ministry includes the following:
- Our Distributions Committee is open to all and decides where to allocate our financial donations locally, nationally and internationally, with oversight from the Vestry. This group also plans special opportunities to serve.
- We partner with the Episcopal Diocese of Haiti to support St. Patrick’s School. We help provide tuition subsidies , curriculum materials, school lunches and other support for the children of subsistence farmers in the Central Plateau region. We try to regularly make visits to build relationships with the clergy and families of this Haitian community.
- Safe Park works with West Valley Community Services and the Winter Faith Collaborative on a rotating basis to provide a safe location at night for people living in their cars. Learn more here. To sign up to help with Safe Park at St. Jude’s in March or April 2019, please click here.
- We support Santa Maria Urban Ministry, San Jose, through financial and other donations, hands-on help, and Board leadership. Learn more here.
- San Jose Family Supportive Housing is one of a few shelters in the South Bay Area committed to the entire family. St. Jude’s purchases, prepares and serves dinner on six Saturday evenings throughout the year. Learn more here.
- We host an annual Service Worship Sunday where people of all ages gather for a brief worship service, and then select a service project to help with for the morning.
Become a Ministry Volunteer
Our ministry volunteers are awesome; thank you!
Ministries are a great way to meet new people and give back to one another in our faith community. We’d love to include you in the mix! Below is a booklet with descriptions of all our many, diverse ministries; please contact the ministry leader to learn more.
Sharing and Caring for our Campus
We are grateful for the abundance of beautiful grounds and buildings that we share and for which we care, including:
- the Apricot Orchard,
- Classroom/Playground Courtyard,
- Fountain Courtyard,
- Vegetable Garden, and
- sacred Memorial Garden
St. Jude’s new “Urban Farm”
St Jude’s long-established community garden space was falling into disrepair. Some parishioners noted that the number of community gardeners was dwindling, and so hatched a plan for a rebirth of the space into an “Urban Farm”. This new ministry is planned and tended with the goal of providing fresh fruits and vegetables to neighbors in need. The Urban Farm produced over 650 pounds of fresh produce (with a wholesale value of more than $1000), which was donated to Sunnyvale Community Services in its first summer season. At full, year-round production, our Urban Farm is projected to produce more than 2,000 “vegetable days” (average daily consumption of fresh, non-potato vegetables for a single person) each year.
Click here for a campus map if you are unfamiliar with the location of a building or a place on our grounds.
We also host the following groups on our campus:
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group (click here for more information)
- Food Addicts in Recovery Support Group (click here for more information)
- Live Oak Adult Day Services (click here for more information)
- One Stop Learning Center after school program (click here for more information)
- Troop 479/Boy Scouts of America
Rent or Reserve Space on Our Campus
Some spaces on our campus are available to rent for education, meetings, or celebrations.
Please contact our office for more details.
Click here for a printable form to reserve space. Please note that a paper copy of this form must be submitted to our office, and is not a guarantee of a reservation until confirmed by our office. Rentals are solely at the discretion of St. Jude’s.
Join us for our outreach events! Click here for our parish calendar.