Our in-person outdoor worship services in our lovely courtyard have resumed! No signup is required. Click here for more information.
Our online worship are now combined with the outdoor service on Sunday mornings at 9:30am, for a hybrid worship experience-please join us! See the box on our Homepage for links. We now also have both an in-person and online coffee hour following the service where visitors are always welcome.
Our Online Sunday Service welcomes you!
- We have an in-person service which is broadcast live each Sunday at 9:30am from the St. Jude’s courtyard. It is a full service, including communion (bread only, individually wrapped).
- Children and youth are welcome in worship! We will often have special moments just for them in the service.
- Our worship follows the Episcopal Church rhythm, the liturgical calendar, and usually the Revised Common Lectionary.
- We broadcast our service via Youtube, but you do not need to sign in to Youtube to watch. Find the link for each Sunday on our homepage.
- At St. Jude’s, we have plenty of room in our courtyard for safe distancing and we wear masks. You may bring your own camp chair if you wish.
- Join us for Coffee Hour afterward at our pergola near the bocce ball court, near the children’s playground. We will have coffee, tea, and light snacks. Or, if you are online, join us for our online coffee hour, with socializing and breakout rooms for kids and youth! The Zoom link can be found on our homepage.
Sermons are about 10 minutes long, biblically based, theologically progressive, and thought-provoking! Click the button below to watch videos of our services to hear some of the sermons from various clergy and guests.
Copies of the sermon text can be found below each video of the recorded service.
Rev. Aaron preaching on Pentecost
Rev. Penelope preaching with finger puppets (for the kids!)
Our services include live music led by our Music Minister, Kim Taylor, and our parishioners who sing, play, and share their musical talents with us. We enjoy a range of music from traditional, Episcopal hymns to global and contemporary songs and instrumental music.
All are encouraged to sing along, whether in person or at home.
Our St. Jude’s Choir from 2017
When it is possible, we will be very happy to have our services in our sanctuary again. Here is some information about our in-person services in our sanctuary when they occur again.
- We will continue to meet safe distancing requirements set by the County of Santa Clara and the Diocese of El Camino Real.
- All are welcome at the Lord’s Table to receive Communion of bread and wine, and/or to receive a blessing. (Our current outdoor services offer Eucharistic bread, individually wrapped.)
- For more information on Children and Youth activities during and after the service, click here. Professional nursery care will be available during the 10:30am service in fall 2021.
- Gluten-free wafers are available; please ask the priest. Please note that our wine is alcoholic.
- If you do not wish to receive Communion or prefer a blessing, cross your arms in front of your chest when the priest comes to you and you will receive a blessing instead.
- Our 8:00 am service is a quieter service and a more meditative experience, whereas our 10:30 service is more lively, with more music and singing. Our unified service–held at 9:30am online, on the 5th Sunday of the month, and on Sundays in the summer–is somewhere in between.
ST. JUDE THE APOSTLE EPISCOPAL CHURCH
20920 McClellan Road
Cupertino, CA 95014